domingo, 25 de mayo de 2008

Rambling in Sevilla (I)




(Asturian Version)

Sun, light and joy
are three words that perfectly describe what Sevilla brings to me. One of my favourite passions when visiting a new place is to get lost, rambling across a city without destination to feel the real life of its streets. Sevilla got several wonderful things to admire and for me it's one of those places that when you leave it you are instantly missing. Dedicated to my primo El Robe and his wife N. with deep affection.Remember, It's my round pal!! Arsa guaje, Puxa quillo...



Santa Cruz
Walking through la Judería I came across Las Teresas (Santa Teresa Street, 2), A wonderful Sevillian Tavern typically designed and decorated which offers fantastic tapas-olives, fish in brines, peppers, cheese, green salad, serrano ham, and wonderful wines. A manzanilla de San Lucar and a tapa of roasted peppers gave strength to my soul.
From Las Teresas I restarted my way to La Giralda. Just 500 metres from la Catedral I found my second stop. Las Columnas(Rodrigo Caro, 1) is a classic Sevillian Bodega with that magic touch of the ancient bars and a joyful spirit.Fino (Sherry wines) and Manzanilla are served straight from wooden casks and accompanied by wonderful ensaladillas and assorted fried fish.

Constitución, Sierpes, Tetuán
My mate El Robe and his wife emigrated to Andalucia 4 years ago. Both are working now at Pablo de Olavide University and are truly two astur andalusian chaps. We have an appointment with them at Avenida La Constitución. Some kisses and hugges later they show us the city centre and some of their favourite bars. Casa La viuda (Albareda street, 2) is a modern tapas bar with the air of the classic ones. I liked a lot its decoration consisting of different bottles of all kind of Spanish wines. The always present Cruzdelcampo cañas and jarras and glasses of wine and sherry flowed as a river to match some of the tastier tapas in town. Tortillita de Camarones(small prawns omelette), ensaladilla rusa,(mayo and tuna salad) croquetas de Bacalao( fried breadcrumbed cod with bechamel) y berenjena rellena de queso y gambas( fried aubergine stuffed with fresh cheese and prawns) enlighten our happy meeting. By eleven o'clock we were back to the hotel. Next morning I had my exam so we'd better behave ourselves ( To be continued...)

No hay comentarios: